Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Voyeur in His/Her Foyer

Overwhelming without overpowering
the perfect essence

The delicate beauty of the blossoms
the only competition to their alluring scent

I recently learned that
Texas Ruby Red Grapefruits are hermaphrodites

Standing within his/her boughs
I witnessed the ultimate act of self-love and procreation

How sensually tender!
Giving the gift of nourishment
in exchange for assistance in the
most intimate of expressions


I would ordinarily have identified with the bee
working diligently in service to a queen
but for some reason, perhaps because
of my new found knowledge
of Ruby Red biology,
I became for a moment
the tree
It's future, its security it's libido
self-contained
self-sufficient
except for

a little help
from a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment