Monday, April 20, 2009

Irie Study


Lest I be accused of misanthropy, given my penchant for exploring and recounting Gaia’s non-human natural wonders -- behold, a post devoted to one of the most norml wonders of nature
Camera in one hand brew in the other I set out to chronicle Homo Sapien We be Jamminus in their natural habitat:

Reggae fest!

I could claim that this was a purely Anthropological adventure
But like one of my idols Margaret Mead I tended toward going native.
I do love me some reggae and the illusion of regression to a more tribal past --
perhaps there was even a bit of nostalgia for portions of my misspent youth)

One of the wonders of Austin and of Reggae is its ability to bridge divides -- young in body / young at heart black with white and brown

And red














The seemed to be a lot of red perhaps red just stands out when it stands up.



As I said, natural "what could be more NORML"

















I stuck with beer but there were more exotic liquid libations in silly containers. I meant to snag one to use as a vase for my gladiolas

And food – OMG there was food you could see the primal beast in many exhibited through their choice of snacks




a manly fistful







Oh well, primal hunger knows no gender


There were symbols of support
of worthy causes

And just plain old support

And of course
No spiritual festival
Can be consider complete

Until


The wizard dances
and dance he did

(Apparently performing the horizontal bop)

1 comment:

  1. so, when do we get to see you shake it like a wizard? ;)

    looked like a good time.

    ReplyDelete